Medical Social Services
The Medical Social Worker plays a vital role in the care team. It is to accurately assess the social and emotional factors affecting the patient and family then respond with counseling or referral to community resources.
Medical Social Services include:
- Community resource planning and coordination
- Advance directives (Power of Attorney for Health Care or Living Will)
- Assistance in emotional adjustments to life changes
- Crisis intervention
- Assistance with applications for financial assistance
- Counseling with life-style changes
- Grief counseling/coping with impending loss
- Support groups
- Medical transportation
Please call us at 708-529-2000, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our online form to send us a message if you would like more information about how to avail of our medical social services.